Residential Wall and Ceilings Supervisor
An opportunity exists within our company for an experienced and committed individual to supervise in the Residential Sector.
To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of five years in the wall and ceiling industry and preferably previous experience as a Supervisor with good knowledge of all ceiling and wall systems. Computer literacy is essential, able to be a good team player, have an ability to multi task and have the willingness to learn and progress.
Some of the duties required in this role, but not limited to are listed below:
· Inspect worksite prior to the commencement date to assess the readiness of the job and to ensure there is safe clear site access for the labour and materials. Resolve any issues regarding access with the builder’s supervisor
· Allocate contracts to the pool of Approved Subcontractors according to skill level required by the job. Only approved subcontractors (supplying correct paperwork, references and insurance certificates) are to be used.
· Check to ensure that what we are installing is correct according to our quotations and scope of works, i.e.; sheet thickness, type, insulation, framing, fixings, etc., but also the quoted areas to be installed.
· Inspect work at the completion of the job and fill out the Job Inspection Report
· Arrange final inspection with builder’s supervisor and note any work required to rectify any further issues identified.
· Liaison with builders, scheduler and supervisors
· Check that all finished work allocated to you is of a good and satisfactory level, ensuring that correct manufacturer’s fixing instructions have been adhered to.
· Ensure that all contractors and employees of the Company under your supervision are adhering to and upholding the Company standards and regulations, including all Company OHS standards.
· Checking of wages on site staff timesheets weekly to make sure time spent on jobs is not excessive, correct job numbers are listed and excessive overtime is not claimed.
· Confirm subcontractor invoices for payment on a weekly basis
· Ensure subcontractors are advised of faults found and have the opportunity to rectify or authorise to rectify at their cost via company paperwork
· Advise relevant scheduler of any backcharges to be passed on to subcontractors
· Reviewing wages onsite personnel performance and bringing any issues to the attention of the Directors when required. Providing quarterly report on performance.
· Provide adequate cover north and south of the river, when colleagues are on annual leave.
To apply for this position, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org